09262017Headline:

Scottsdale, Arizona

HomeArizonaScottsdale

Email Jenny Albano
Jenny Albano
Jenny Albano
Contributor •

Man Paralyzed with Botulism Poisoning

Comments Off

A man in New Mexico was found to have botulism poisoning. State health officials are trying to figure out if the man ate any food that was included in the Castelberry’s Food Co. recall.

Castleberry’s Food Company has recalled over 90 different brands of canned food and pet food because cans of hot dog chili sauce were found to contain the bacterium that causes botulism.

The 52 year-old man, whose name has not been released, is from Sandoval County in New Mexico. He was hospitalized on July 26 and is reported to be in serious condition; as of now he is only able to wiggle his toes.

The only way health officials are able to communicate with the man is by him responding to questions by moving his toes. The CDC announced that preliminary tests showed positive for botulism.

There have been four other reports of recent botulism poisoning that resulted from eating contaminated hot dog chili sauce.

For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.